You will need:
- Old Jeans
- Colorful Fabric scraps (optional)
- Sewing Machine
- Have your child put on the jeans and mark where you want to cut them (if you want a finished edge, make sure you add an inch for the seam allowance).
- Cut the legs off at the mark.
- Next you are going to cut out the inside seam. There is too much fabric here anyway so I would take the time and effort ripping the seam.
- This now leaves you with a gaping, upside down v in the front and back of your skirt.
- Use some fabric (or the leftover leg panels) to fill in the V at the center of the skirt, front and back. Pin in place.
- Stitch the panels into place and trim away extra material. (TIP: for a little extra flair, use contrasting or vibrant thread so the stitches show).
- Voila, you know have a rocking mini!
- Add with embellishments if so desired.
We added some leggings with her leg warmers and she carried around a Guitar Hero guitar on her back. Here is the end result:
Next post: Easy-peasy cheerleader costume with small pom-poms for your shoes!