Hi everyone, this will be my last post as a Contributor for the wonderful Kim and her amazing blog. I have had a great time and I loved sharing some of my recipes with all of you. Please make sure to stop by my blog, An Italian in my Kitchen for more delicious recipes! For my last recipe I will be showing you how to make Potato Croquettes, which was one of my mother’s recipes.
My Mom was an amazing cook and baker and I have such wonderful memories of all the yummy things that came out of her kitchen. Potato Croquettes being one of them. If you are like me you always make so many mashed potatoes that there are always left-overs. What the heck do you do with cold not so creamy left-over mashed potatoes? Make Potato Croquettes!
After you taste this recipe, the next time you make mashed potatoes you will make sure you have some left-overs! Enjoy!
- 3 cups mashed potatoes
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 chopped onion if desired
- flour for dredging
- In a medium bowl combine all ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Taking a 1/4 cup (more or less) at a time form into an oval or ball shape, dredge in flour.
- In a medium pan add 1 or 2 tablespoons of oil, on medium heat, heat until oil is hot, add croquettes a few at a time turning as they brown.
- Place on a plate lined with paper towels. Serve immediately.