Hi everyone! Laura from Pink Cake Plate back to share another delicious dessert! I know January and February are the months for cutting back on rich and decadent desserts but I could not resist coming up with this recipe for Peanut Butter Black Bottom Cupcakes!! As usual I started with my favorite chocolate cake mix and added to it!!
And the black-bottom is what is inside the cupcake!!
r a c!
- 1 chocolate cake mix and ingredients needed to make
- 8oz cream cheese softened
- 1/4 c. peanut butter
- 1/4 Cup confectioners sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup mini Reese's Peanut Butter cups and extra for decorating
- For Ganache
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup, optional
- 10 to 16 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- For Frosting
- 1/3 cup solid vegetable shortening
- 1/3 cup butter
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 4 cups (approx. 1 lb.) confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 4-6 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a muffin tin with 24 cupcake liners.
- Mix cake mix according to package directions. Set aside. Mix together softened cream cheese, peanut butter, vanilla,powdered sugar and egg until smooth and creamy. Mix in 1/2 cup of mini peanut butter cups.
- Fill cupcake liners half full with cake batter when all are filled drop a heaping tablespoon of cream cheese mixture into each cupcake.
- Bake in preheated oven for 18-20 minuets or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from oven and let cool completley before frosting.
- Cream shortening and butter with electric mixer. Add peanut butter and vanilla. Gradually add sugar, one cup at a time, beating well on medium speed. Scrape sides and bottom of bowl often. When all sugar has been mixed in, icing will appear dry. Add milk, one tablespoon at a time, and beat at medium speed until light and fluffy. Fill large pastry bag with a large star tip for decorating or you can fill a ziplock bag with frosting and cut off corner of bag. Pipe frosting onto cupcakes.
- Heat the cream and corn syrup till they begin to steam. Pour over the chopped chocolate in a bowl. Let sit for 5 minutes, and whisk until smooth. Allow to cool until ganache starts to thicken then drizzle over cupcakes and decorate with additional mini peanut butter cups