Hi everyone! It is Shannah, from the blog Just Us Four, and I am excited to be here again this month sharing a new recipe with you. Our farmer’s market is up and running for the year and I love going each weekend to see what kind of goodies are available. Then, I come home and try to come up with ways to use all the delicious produce. One great way to get in your vegetables is with primavera lasagna cups.
Pasta Primavera translates to “spring pasta” and it is a great way to use different types of vegetables as they become available throughout the season. I wanted to make mine quick and easy to make so, instead of large batch of pasta that I would have to boil, I created little lasagna cups instead. They are perfect for packing in lunches too!
For my version, I used a combination of mushrooms, zucchini and broccoli. Feel free to substitute in any of your favorite vegetables.
- 36 wonton wrappers
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 head broccoli, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1 small zucchini, finely chopped
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/3 cup vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup half and half
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 12 cup muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray. Place 2 wonton wrappers, overlapping them slightly, in each of the 12 muffin cups.
- Heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic. Saute for 2-3 minutes or until onions begin to soften. Add mushrooms, broccoli and zucchini. Season with salt and pepper. Saute for an additional 2-3 minutes. Remove vegetables from pan and set aside.
- Add wine to the pan and stir to remove the bits from the bottom. Bring to a boil and add broth. Return to a boil and reduce heat to simmer. Whisk in heavy cream and half and half. Simmer, whisking frequently, until slightly thickened. Stir in 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Spoon a small of vegetables between the 12 muffin cups. Top with a spoon of sauce and a handful of shredded mozzarella cheese. Add a wonton wrapper on top. Repeat the vegetable, sauce and cheese layer. Top remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in oven for 15 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.
These lasagna cups make the perfect weeknight meal! They also freeze really well and are a snap to reheat. My family loves eating them and I am always happy because I know it means they are getting vegetables with their meal which isn’t always an easy accomplishment.
I would love for you to stop by and visit me at Just Us Four where I share lots of other quick and easy recipe ideas! You can also follow me on Pinterest and Instagram to see what I am loving right now.