Today is our very first Friendly Tuesday where we will have crafty ladies visiting seven thirty three and sharing a tutorial. I discovered Cheri through my What are little boys made of? Weekly Party and she has inspired me to get into the freezer paper stencil craze! I will be sharing my creations soon! But for now, check out this amazing lady:
Hi everyone! I am Cheri from I Am Momma – Hear Me Roar and I’m excited to be here. My blog is still fairly new, but it’s loaded with tutorials, especially boy ones….because that’s what I do. I have two boys and no girls.
Here are a couple of recent projects:
Come on over and visit anytime! Today I want to show you how to do a simple embellishment on a sweatshirt to keep your kids happy.
Here’s the deal. I’m not crazy about in-your-face-character shirts. While my son loves all sorts of different characters…McQueen, Transformers, and Buzz Lightyear, I’m not crazy about the clothes they make with them on it. AND, they can be pricey. So, today we’re going to solve this problem with zipper tags.
This is what we’re making:
These little tabs make it easy for little hands to zip AND give a plain sweatshirt a little more personality.
So, here we go………..
1) Pick out a design or logo and create a freezer paper stencil. I chose the Transformer symbol. If you have never done freezer paper stenciling or if you’re unsure of how it works, click HERE for a in-depth video tutorial.
2) Paint the area and remove the stencil.
3) Now, laces some ribbon or whatever you have through the zipper. Place your stencil on one side of it and a blank piece of fabric on the other (so you’re sandwiching the ribbon) and sew it all together. I like to leave excess fabric on while I sew in case things shift a bit while sewing.
4) Trim around the stitching.
5) Watch the little guy beam as he proudly wears his new sweatshirt and sings the “Transformer” theme song. (Yeah, you know it too….”Transformers, more than meets the eye!”)
Thanks for the invite, Kim. And all of you please feel free to pop in for a visit anytime! – Cheri
I can’t believe that tag! My son would go crazy for that sweatshirt! All we ever hear about is Optimus Prime, “boobee” otherwise known as Bumblebee, and Megatron and a ton other Transformers! Thanks for the great idea Cheri!
If you are interested in participating in Friendly Tuesday please email me at 733blog (at) gmail.com.
Kim is a Marketing Specialist with Inspiration Media Solutions by day and Creative Blogger by night. She's a wife, mom of three beautiful children and two fur-babies, a Goldendoodle and a rescued Pibble. For even more Inspiration Made Simple, like her on Facebook and Instagram+.
My name is Kim, founder of Inspiration Made Simple, and I'm really glad you have stopped by!
I'm a mom, wife, DIY and fitness enthusiast. I love sharing simple and affordable ideas that help make your busy life easier, including craft tutorials, printables, recipes, party ideas, and fun family activities. Learn more about Kim...
Weekly Creative Newsletter
Creative inspiration in your inbox, never miss a post!
Thanks! Keep an eye on your inbox for updates including a free gift!
Join 12,000+ subscribers!
Join our mailing list to receive creative inspiration in your inbox and never miss a post!
As a thank you for subscribing you'll receive our printable Activity Cubes!