These Pink and Blue Muddy Buddies are the perfect treat for a gender reveal or baby shower. It’s always a hit at a party and is super easy to customize, especially if you want it to reflect the gender of the baby to be! Of course this isn’t only baby shower food. I am actually going to be using this for my daughters Butterfly Birthday Party – the colors are perfect for spring and I’ll mix the pink and blue chocolates together for an even more colorful batch!
It's a (BOY or GIRL)! Chex Muddy Buddies
- 9 cups Corn Chex or Rice Chex cereal
- 1 1/2 cups white vanilla baking chips 12 oz bag
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup blue or pink candy-coated chocolate candies found in the baking aisle of grocery stores
- Into a large bowl, measure cereal; set aside.
- In 1-quart microwavable bowl, microwave white vanilla baking chips, peanut butter and butter uncovered on high for 1 minute; stir. Microwave about 30 seconds longer or until mixture can be stirred smooth. Pour mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly coated. Pour into 2-gallon resealable food-storage plastic bag.
- Addpo wdered sugar. Seal bag; shake until well coated. Spread on waxed paper to cool. Stir in chocolate candies. Store in airtight container in refrigerator.
- *Peanut butter purists will enjoy this treat when peanut butter chips are used instead of the chocolate chips.
Chex has provided me with some fun tips to share with you for Hosting the Perfect Baby Shower from DIY and entertaining expert Brit Morin of Brit + Co (though again these are great for other parties as well)!
1. A picnic in the park. Parties don’t always have to be inside. Try setting up a picnic in the park or at the beach for a more outdoorsy shower. Serve foods and snacks that are easy-to-transport like cheese trays and salads and stay away from foods that can melt or spoil. As you all know, I love to host a party outside! My favorite to date was my daughters Sofia the First Birthday Party, though my son’s Army Birthday Party is a close second.
2. Pump up the jams. Wherever your party takes place, don’t forget the music. To make a meaningful playlist, request that each guest pick on song in advance that reminds them of the guest of honor. Blast the playlist that day, and give it out as a party favor for everyone to enjoy!
3. A new twist on a shower game. You know the game celebrity? This would be a take on the classic game that fits with the theme of your baby shower. Create the clues ahead of time – for example, all movies, songs, and celebs that relate to babies.
4. Mix it up. Pre-mix cocktails and bottle ’em up using a crown capper and glass bottles. If it’s for a baby shower, make Pink Lady cocktails or Royal Blue cocktails, depending on if they’re expecting a girl or a boy.
5. A sweet ending. Set up a variety of sweets like mini cupcakes, an ice cream sundae bar or gender themed Chex Muddy Buddies with pink or blue candies so guests can indulge.
This looks yummy and so cute for a shower!
I’m crazy about gluten free chex and love muddy buddies. This is beautiful!
Such a cute idea – love the baby shower tips!
Love this idea! I included your post in my round up of fun gender reveal baby shower ideas here: http://printabelle.com/gender-reveal-baby-shower-ideas
Thank you so much!
I was just wondering when to add the glitter sprinkles? When they’re in the bag? Or the microwave bowl? Or when its all done? Thanks!
oh just kidding, this recipe doesnt have the sprinkles..Sorry!