Today I am going to share with you how I made my daughter a Snow White purse. She recently discovered Snow White when we went to Disney On Ice in January and instantly fell in love with her! Olivia is a little purse hound and she loves to get all dolled up so this was a must-have for her!
Blue tote – available at craft stores (I made mine by sewing a simple bag with ribbon handles)
2 yards yellow tulle
1 yard sequins ribbon
1 spool of 2″ satin ribbon
1. Keeping your tulle folded in half off the rack, fold it in half length wise (so now it is 1 yard long instead
of 2). Lay your tote over it (the fold should be at the top of the tote) and position the length you want the tulle to hang off the edge. Cut the lenth of the tulle.
2. Fold the tulle over and repeat step 1. Keep doing so until you’ve used up all the tulle. I ended up with three strips to use (one was not folded over, it was just one layer).
3. Using your hot glue gun, lay about a 1″ strip of hot glue along the tote where you want the top of the tulle to be.
4. Lay your tulle in place and then “scrunch” it back to create pleats. Do this around the entire bag.
5. Once you finish with your first tulle strip, start again with your second, going over the same glue strip as before (I started in a different spot than where the first strip started). Make sure you really push all those layers into the glue! I used a lo-temp glue gun since I was pushing my fingers directly into that hot glue. Repeat until you’ve used all your tulle.
6. Trim uneven ends along the bottom.
7. Do the same for any uneven tulle along the glue strip.
8. Take your sequins ribbon and fold the edge over and secure with a dab of glue to create a “finished” edge.
9. Start at the center of the tulle and carefully glue the sequin ribbon over the edge of the tulle and the glue strip.
10. Go around the entire bag, cut off extra sequin ribbon, fold over edge and glue in place.
Step back and admire the total cuteness of this Snow White Purse! And then hand it over to your 2.5 year old who absolutely refuses to pose for pictures…
Kim is a Marketing Specialist with Inspiration Media Solutions by day and Creative Blogger by night. She's a wife, mom of three beautiful children and two fur-babies, a Goldendoodle and a rescued Pibble. For even more Inspiration Made Simple, like her on Facebook and Instagram+.
My name is Kim, founder of Inspiration Made Simple, and I'm really glad you have stopped by!
I'm a mom, wife, DIY and fitness enthusiast. I love sharing simple and affordable ideas that help make your busy life easier, including craft tutorials, printables, recipes, party ideas, and fun family activities. Learn more about Kim...
Weekly Creative Newsletter
Creative inspiration in your inbox, never miss a post!
Thanks! Keep an eye on your inbox for updates including a free gift!
Join 12,000+ subscribers!
Join our mailing list to receive creative inspiration in your inbox and never miss a post!
As a thank you for subscribing you'll receive our printable Activity Cubes!