Are you hosting a baby shower or other event in the next few months? Then today’s post is for you! I’m going to share a delicious recipe for Chex Muddy Buddies that is always a hit at a party and is super easy to customize, especially if you want it to reflect the gender of the baby to be! But of course this isn’t only baby shower food! I am actually going to be using this for my daughters Butterfly Party tomorrow – the colors are perfect for spring and I’ll mix the pink and blue chocolates together for an even more colorful batch!
- 9 cups Corn Chex or Rice Chex cereal
- 1 1/2 cups white vanilla baking chips (12 oz bag)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup blue or pink candy-coated chocolate candies (found in the baking aisle of grocery stores)
- Into a large bowl, measure cereal; set aside.
- In 1-quart microwavable bowl, microwave white vanilla baking chips, peanut butter and butter uncovered on high for 1 minute; stir. Microwave about 30 seconds longer or until mixture can be stirred smooth. Pour mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly coated. Pour into 2-gallon resealable food-storage plastic bag.
- Addpo wdered sugar. Seal bag; shake until well coated. Spread on waxed paper to cool. Stir in chocolate candies. Store in airtight container in refrigerator.
- *Peanut butter purists will enjoy this treat when peanut butter chips are used instead of the chocolate chips.
Along with a fun Party Pack Giveaway below, Chex has also provided me with some fun tips to share with you for Hosting the Perfect Baby Shower from DIY and entertaining expert Brit Morin of Brit + Co (though again these are great for other parties as well)!
1. A picnic in the park. Parties don’t always have to be inside. Try setting up a picnic in the park or at the beach for a more outdoorsy shower. Serve foods and snacks that are easy-to-transport like cheese trays and salads and stay away from foods that can melt or spoil. As you all know, I love to host a party outside! My favorite to date was my daughters Sofia the First party, though my son’s Army Party is a close second.
2. Pump up the jams. Wherever your party takes place, don’t forget the music. To make a meaningful playlist, request that each guest pick on song in advance that reminds them of the guest of honor. Blast the playlist that day, and give it out as a party favor for everyone to enjoy!
3. A new twist on a shower game. You know the game celebrity? This would be a take on the classic game that fits with the theme of your baby shower. Create the clues ahead of time – for example, all movies, songs, and celebs that relate to babies.
4. Mix it up. Pre-mix cocktails and bottle ’em up using a crown capper and glass bottles. If it’s for a baby shower, make Pink Lady cocktails or Royal Blue cocktails, depedning on if they’re expecting a girl or a boy.
5. A sweet ending. Set up a variety of sweets like mini cupcakes, an ice cream sundae bar or gender themed Chex Muddy Buddies with pink or blue candies so guests can indulge.
The giveaway pack is AMAZING! You get a three tier glass dessert stand and a beverage dispenser from Crate & Barrel, the delicious pink and blue chocolate candies you see in the Muddy Buddies above, some honeycomb decorations, and the cupcake baking cups you see above! Use the form below to enter to win this awesome pack!
On a mobile device? Click here to enter! Good luck!