My name is Shauna and I blog at The Best Blog Recipes. Today is the first of a series of guest posts that I’ll be writing here at Inspiration Made Simple over the next few months and I couldn’t be more excited! I’m excited that I get to share a few of my recipes and creations with you and I hope you all enjoy them. Recently I came across a recipe for Chicken and Green Chili Pasta from Joyful Momma’s Kitchen and knew that my family would love it. I would have never thought to put green chilies in a pasta dish and I’m so glad I tried it! I added a few seasonings to the chicken and minced garlic to the sauce and it turned out to be a huge hit in our house!
I spend a lot of time in my kitchen both creating and trying new recipes for my family. Some turn out fabulous and some just fail miserably. My brain doesn’t always think outside of the box and that’s why I love the blogging world so much. I get really great inspiration from other bloggers that have been hard at work in their kitchens and have shared their yummy recipes.
Chicken and Green Chili Pasta Ingredients
1 16 oz package of rotini pasta
3 chicken breasts
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon of minced garlic
2 cups of shredded Monterrey Jack Cheese, divided
1 large yellow onion, chopped
4 tablespoons butter, divided
3 tablespoons flour
1/4 teaspoon of chipotle chili powder
1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
1/4 teaspoon cumin
2 cups chicken broth
1 cup sour cream
4 oz can of diced green chilies
1. Sprinkle your raw chicken breasts with your garlic salt, chipotle chili powder & cumin. Cook them in the oven, in a skillet or on the barbecue grill until the internal temperature reaches 165°.
2. Chop your chicken into bite-sized pieces and place it in a medium mixing bowl and add 1 1/2 cups of your cheese and mix well. Set aside.
3. Cook pasta per package directions, drain & set aside.
4. Preheat your oven to 350° and spray a 9×13 casserole dish with cooking spray or grease with a light layer of butter.
5. In a medium saucepan add 1 tablespoon of butter and your chopped yellow onion and cook until translucent.
6. Once your onion is ready, add the remaining butter and allow to melt. Next, stir in your flour and let bubble for 1 minute. Slowly whisk in the chicken broth and stir well. Add the salt and minced garlic and whisk together. Turn off the heat and add your green chilies and sour cream and mix together until no sour cream lumps remain.
7. In your 9×13 baking dish layer 1/2 of your pasta and 1/2 of your chicken and cheese mixture. Repeat layers. Pour your sauce over the top of it (don’t mix it in) and sprinkle the remaining cheese on the top.
8. Bake at 350° for 20-30 minutes, or until all bubbly in the middle and golden on the top.
Serve and enjoy!
Find more recipe ideas to try that are sure to be a hit with your family in our arhives!