This post is brought to you by Expressions Vinyl. All opinions are my own. Includes affiliate links for your convenience.
Looking for a quick project to use up all of those fabric scraps? I’ve got the perfect idea just in time for the holidays! This DIY Mini Scrap Fabric Stocking Gift whips up really quick using the pattern provided below and is such an adorable way to give a gift card or other small token. Plus, they can double as tree ornaments! I could also envision a bunch of them strung as a bunting. So versatile and easy to make. Plus scroll to the bottom of this post to see what other craft bloggers came up with for stockings using heat transfer vinyl.
DIY MINI SCRAP FABRIC STOCKING
(or an unwanted canvas tote bag, which is what I used)
Small bit of ribbon or twine
Heat Transfer VinylSewing Machine or Needle and Thread
Craft Cutting Machine
Download and the Stocking Gift Card Holder Template at the bottom of this post. Cut out the template.
Fold the top of the stocking over about 1″ and sew with a 1/4″ seam. Do the same for the other piece.
Place the stocking pieces wrong sides together. Add a 2-3″ piece of twine or ribbon into the corner of the stocking. Starting in the top corner, sew with a 1/4″ seam all the way around the stocking, leaving the top open.
The stocking is done! Now time to embellish!
Once I had my pieces cut and weeded out, I set my iron to the highest cotton setting and turned off the steam. I ironed the vinyl onto the stocking, keeping the iron on the pieces for about 30 seconds. I then flipped the stocking over and ironed the back for another 30 seconds. Remove the plastic coating and you’re stocking is done! For the JOY Stocking I cut a scrap of burlap and a scrap of white fabric. I ironed on the JOY in vinyl and then hot glued the white fabric to the burlap and the burlap to the stocking. Easy peasy!
Download the Mini Stocking Pattern in pdf format.
Personal use only. Do not alter.
18 Fun Heat Transfer Vinyl Stocking Ideas
1. Faux wool sock from Fynes Design
2. Personalized stockings from Maybe I will
3. Gift card holder from 733 blog
4. Customized stocking from Artsy Fartsy mama
5. Stocking tag from Strawberry Mommy Cakes
6. Stocking pillow from One Krieger chick
7. Stocking shirt from Pitter and Glink
8. Stocking banner by Sugar Bee crafts
9. Boy Scout stocking from mm scrap shoppe
10. No sew from Holy Craft
11. Personalized Pajamas from Ginger snap crafts
12. Diy Stockings from Mabey she made it
13. Stocking with car from Kiki Comin
14.Personalized stockings from Craftily ever after
15. Burlap Joy stocking from A girl and a glue gun
16. Stocking place card from Crafting in the rain
17. Scandinavian inspired stocking from Tried and true
18. Cute stocking from Flamingo Toes