Hello! Happy Summer! I’m Kathleen, one of the sisters from Fearlessly Creative Mammas. I’m so happy to be here today to bring you these super yummy and pretty darn healthy Sugar-Free Blueberry Muffins. I don’t know Kim personally, but I have a story about her to share with you. We both went to SNAP this past April and she was assigned my name as her secret sister. I’d just like to tell you that she is an AMAZING gift giver! I loved everything she gave me. So incredible. It’s like she read my mind. I lucked out for sure. I love summertime fruit. Really, I love most fruit, but really fresh fruit is amazingly wonderful and flavorful. When I saw this huge container of fresh blueberries at the farmer’s market, I had to buy them. They were a steal. I love the farmer’s market for just that reason. Things are fresh and usually have an excellent price. Perfect! I’ve been doing this 21 Fix Challenge and while the variety of foods that can be eaten are vast, there are some things that should be cut out. White flour and sugar among them. I wanted to make some muffins with my blueberries for a little get together I was having, so I had to make something in keeping with the rules. I really want this challenge to work.
I happened to have my grandkids the day I was making these, so of course they wanted to have some. The looks on their faces showed me that they were a success and when I had one, I was very happy with the outcome. The blueberries in the muffins were so juicy too.
Actually, the blueberries were so juicy that when I looked at this grandson after, he had blueberry juice on his forehead. Ha ha! I asked him what happened and he said, “I don’t know. I just took a bite and juice spread all over the place.” So funny!
Sugar Free Blueberry Muffins
- 1 cup fat free mil
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup – be sure it’s pure or you will be adding sugar
- 1/4 cup liquid virgin coconut oil
- 2 cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 cup Old Fashioned Oats
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- Preheat over to 375 degrees.
- Either spray your muffin pan or add baking cups.
- In a mixing bowl, combine milk, eggs, syrup, and coconut oil and mix until combined.
- Add in baking powder, baking soda, salt, baking powder, cinnamon and vanilla.
- Add in oats and mix well.
- Add in flour and mix well.
- Gently fold in blueberries.
- Scoop batter into pan, filling each muffin cup 3/4’s of the way full.
- Bake for about 15 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack.