I’m going to start this out by saying this Homemade Mac and Cheese is NOT for everyone! I remember one of the first times visiting my in-laws house while we were dating his mom made this homemade Mac and Cheese and I thought it was the weirdest thing ever! Yes, it’s really made with Cheez Whiz… that cheese in dip in a jar.
This dish did eventually grow on me and although we only have it maybe once a year, it is super easy and kids tend to love it, so I thought I would go ahead and share, though I’m pretty sure you can figure out how this is made because it’s just that easy!
Cheez Whiz Macaroni and Cheese
- One Jar Cheez Whiz usually in the cheese aisle
- Bring a pot of water to a boil.
- Pour in 2 cups of macaroni and cook until tender.
- Drain the water from the pan.
- Add several large dollops of cheese whiz (almost a full jar) to the macaroni and stir making sure to get even coverage.
- Serve warm.