Hi all! Laura from Pink Cake Plate here. Are you all ready for Thanksgiving? It is coming up quickly. If you are looking for a sweet treat other than Pumpkin Pie, then I definitely recommend a Pumpkin Pie Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting! This cake is out of this world moist and delicious! I could eat the whole thing all by myself – that is how good it is!
Don’t you love the rustic look of this cake? It is baked in a 10-inch round cake pan with a removable bottom, or for a two-layered pumpkin cake, use two 9-inch cake pans! This one recipe I will be making again and again because it is just that good. I hope you enjoy it too!
Pumpkin Pie Cake
- 1 package Yellow Cake Mix
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 Tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- In a large bowl or stand mixer, combine cake mix, eggs, water, pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice; beat on low for 30 seconds.
- Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- Pour into two well-greased and floured 9" round cake pans.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan, cool completely on wire racks before frosting.
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 2 oz cream cheese room temperature
- 2 tbsp soft butter
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 c powdered sugar
- 3 tbsp milk
- In large bowl, beat butter, vanilla, salt and cream cheese with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Grad
- Gradually add confectioners' sugar and milk.
- Beat on high until smooth (30 - 60 seconds).
- If icing seems too thin, add confectioners' sugar 1 tablespoon at a time. If it seems too thick, add more milk 1 teaspoon at a time until icing reaches desired consistency.
You can even add 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon to the frosting to make it a bit more flavorful!
To garnish the cake frost with the Cream Cheese Frosting then sprinkle with 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts. Want to take it to the next level? Drizzle caramel sauce over the cake! This Pumpkin Pie Cake is one that you will want to have on your holiday table. It keeps and transports really well. I wish you and your family Happy Holidays!