If you are a busy mom with busy kids like I am, then I know you are all about family meals that are simple to make, don’t cost a lot and don’t take a lot of time, but still taste delicious. I have a great recipe for you and the best part is it only requires four ingredients! I learned this Poor Man’s lasagna recipe from my Mother-in-Law. It is inexpensive to make and delicious to eat and especially good for those that don’t like ricotta, like me.
1/2 lb. ground beef
Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit
Cook 2 cups of rotini following the directions on the box.
While rotini is cooking, brown the ground beef.
Combine the cooked rotini, ground beef and a jar of spaghetti sauce into a casserole dish.
Top with a layer of mozzarella.
Bake for 30 minutes.
I typically serve this dish with a side salad and garlic bread and it is always a family favorite. Of course you can easily add peppers, sausage or other ingredients to give it a bit more kick, but I like it just how it is. Plus, it tastes pretty good the next day for lunch – and we know how easy leftovers for lunch is!
- 1/2 lb. ground beef
- Spaghetti Sauce
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit
- Cook 2 cups of rotini following the directions on the box.
- While rotini is cooking, brown the ground beef.
- Combine the cooked rotini, ground beef and a jar of spaghetti sauce into a casserole dish.
- Top with a layer of mozzarella.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve with garlic bread and salad for a tummy-tempting Italian meal!