Hi everyone! I’m Shannah, from Just Us Four, and I am so excited to be here again this month sharing a new recipe with you. If your family is anything like mine, getting vegetables into them is a real challenge. I find myself looking for new ways to hide vegetables in foods so I can make sure they get enough. Crockpot hidden veggie chili is the perfect way to sneak vegetables into your family as they scoop up spoon after spoon of delicious chili while suspecting nothing!
A lot of people think of chili as more of a winter food but, because I toss it all in the crockpot before work, I serve it all the time. Serve it with some sliced bread and you have a meal ready by the time you walk in the door in the evening. Easy peasy…
Crockpot Hidden Veggie Chili
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 Tbsp onion powder
- 1 tsp Mexican oregano
- 1 ½ tsp chipotle chili powder
- 1 ½ Tbsp cumin
- 1 Tbsp cocoa powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 oz tomato paste
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- ½ cup diced carrots
- 1 red pepper diced
- ½ cup roasted corn kernels
- ½ cup red kidney beans
- Brown beef in a large pot over medium heat, stirring to crumble as it cooks. Transfer to the crockpot.
- In a blender, combine garlic through tomato paste. Add ½ cup beef broth and blend until smooth.
- Add tomatoes, carrots and red pepper to crockpot with beef. Stir in mixture from blender. Cover
- and cook on low for 6 hours. Stir in corn and beans and cook for an additional 30 minutes.
The first time I made this, I was sure my husband would be able to tell I had added in some of his least favorite vegetables. To my surprise, he never even questioned it. He did ask for seconds though 😉
I hope you will stop Just Us Four for a visit. I’ve got loads of recipes to share with you that I am sure your family would love. In fact, you could leave the recipe for my lemon raspberry waffles around as a hint of what you’d like to have on Mother’s Day!