I am excited to introduce you to Kate from The Small Things Blog! She began her little Bloggity just this past June and has garnered a staggering following (over 3,000 followers) in that short time! If you aren’t already one of those followers, head over now so you can learn some great hair tips and tricks, and how to make some really cute accessories, like what she is here to teach us today.
A little felt ruffle flower can be a lovely addition to a gift, a necklace, a belt, a pair of ballet flats, etc! And it’s pretty simple to make!
Hot Glue gun
a pin, or alligator clip
Here is how to make a cute little Ruffle Flower!
1. Plug in your Hot Glue gun
2. Cut out circles of felt. Mine were about 1.5 inches across, but you can do whatever size you would like!
3. To ruffle the “petals”, place a dot of hot glue in the center of a circle.
4. Squeeze together and hold for about 10 seconds.
5. Place ruffles under something heavy so they dry and stay together.
6. Attach the ruffled petals to a single felt circle by placing a dot of glue at the base of the ruffle.
7. Continue all the way around, overlapping slightly as you go!
8. Continue in a spiral pattern until you fill in the top section.
9. Attach a pin with hot glue on the bottom of the ruffle flower.
And there is your completed ruffle flower!
I hope you enjoy this little project!