If you have been visiting this site for a while now, then you have probably figured out that I like to take simple recipes and give them a little flair by using International Delight Coffee Creamers. It is simple to do and there are tons of flavors available! I decided to make some Whoopie Pies with a Holiday flair so I picked up some Peppermint Chocolate Truffle International Delight Coffee Creamer and substituted the milk in the Whoopie Pie Recipe that my mom had, which turned out to be a Good Housekeeping Recipe! Give these a try – the peppermint flavor is just a small kick and my peppermint loving kids gave it a thumbs up. I REALLY wanted to try the Pumpkin Spice flavor, but when I asked about mixing Pumpkin and Chocolate on my Facebook page I got a mixed response! If any of you are brave enough, let me know how it tastes!
Peppermint Chocolate Truffle Whoopie Pies
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- .75 cup International Delight Peppermint Chocolate Truffle Coffee Creamer
- .5 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 6 tablespoons butter/margarine melted
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- .25 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- Marshmallow Creme Filling
- 6 tablespoon butter or margarine slightly softened
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 jar 7 ounces marshmallow fluff
- 1 teaspoon International Delight Peppermint Chocolate Truffle Coffee Creamer
- Preheat over to 350 degrees F. Grease 2 large cookie sheets.
- Prepare Cookie Dough. In a large bowl, with spoon, mix all dough ingredients until smooth.
- Drop dough by heaping tablespoons, 2 inches apart, on each prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake 14 minutes until puffy - test by inserting a toothpick in the center, it is done if the toothpick comes out clean. Transfer cookies to wire racks to cool completely.
- While cookies are baking, prepare Marshmallow Creme Filling. In a large bowl, with mixer at medium speed, beat butter until smooth. Reduce speed to low; gradually be in confectioners sugar, marshallow fluff and International Delight.
- Spread filling onto flat side of cookie and top with a second cookie.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of International Delight. The opinions and text are all mine.