Hey Y’all it’s Laura here from Pink Cake Plate to bring you and easy and delicious dessert idea!!!
Have you jumped on the “Red Velvet” band wagon?? This oh so popular flavor is not only pretty but fun! Today I have for you a super easy Poke Cake featuring the famous “Red Velvet” flavor! As usual I like easy so using a cake mix, instant pudding and whipped topping you can have this crowd pleasing treat made in no time at all!Isn’t that cake pretty??? I love the red color and with the holidays coming up on us wouldnt this be a great addition to your holiday feast??? Swap out the mini chocolate chips for holiday colored sprinkles and your good to go!
As usual I started with a cake mix and prepared it according to the box directions. Use a 9″x13″ pan for this cake it will feed an army!!
After the cake had cooled I used the handle of a wooden spoon and randomly poked holes in the cake. Ya gotta have lots of crevices for the pudding to sink into!
I am so happy I found cheesecake flavored instant pudding!! It is delicious!! If you cant find cheese cake, vanilla pudding will do. I added a teaspoon of vanilla to the pudding to give it that homemade taste.
Topping off the cake is delicious whipped topping and mini chocolate chips!! This cake makes a statement, that is for sure.
- 1 Red Velvet Cake mix and ingrediants needed to prepare according to box directions usually eggs, oil, and water.
- 1 small box cheesecake flavor instant pudding and 1 1/2 cup cold milk
- 1 8oz container whipped topping
- 1/4 c mini chocolate chips
- Prepare and bake cake according to box directions for a 9"x13" pan. When cake has cooled use the end of a wooden spoon to poke holes randomly in the cake.
- While cake is cooling prepare the pudding using 1 1/2 cup milk. Let the pudding set up for about 5 minutes so it thickens but does not set. When pudding has thickened pour of top of cake making sure every hole has been filled. Let the pudding finish setting up on cake then top with the whipped topping and sprinkle with chocolate chips!! Enjoy!!