Happy September! I’m Shannah from the blog Just Us Four and I am excited to be back here this month sharing a new recipe with you. September is always crazy around our house because the kids head back to school and their bajillion activities start up at the same time. It can make getting done pretty difficult. That is why I love having recipes like this spinach tortellini soup around because it is quick, easy and delicious.
The best part about this soup is it only takes a few ingredients to make and cooks super quickly too. You can have a hearty bowl of soup on the table in under 30 minutes and for pennies a serving.
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 box frozen chopped spinach
- 2 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- three cheese tortellini
- Parmesan cheese for topping
- Heat butter in pot over medium heat. Add onion and garlic powder. Saute for 2-3 minutes or until onion begins to soften. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add spinach and chicken broth. Bring to a boil and then reduce to simmer. Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Using an immersion blender, blend soup until smooth. Season again with salt and pepper.
- Return to heat and add tortellini. Cook for 3-5 minutes until tortellini are done. Top with Parmesan cheese.
- If you don't have an immersion blender, carefully transfer soup to regular blender and blend until smooth. Return to pot.
What are some of your favorite quick and easy meals to make this time of year?