Hi everyone, Rosemary from An Italian in my Kitchen here today to share with you a perfect side dish, Potato Croquettes. This is one of my mother’s recipes, made with left over mashed potates and spices. These Potato Croquettes are deliciously crispy on the outside and and soft and creamy on the inside.
My Mom was an amazing cook and baker and I have such wonderful memories of all the yummy things that came out of her kitchen. Potato Croquettes being one of them. If you are like me you always make so many mashed potatoes that there are always left-overs. What the heck do you do with cold, not so creamy, left-over mashed potatoes? Make Potato Croquettes!
Mashed Potato Side Dish
3 cups mashed potatoes
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp parsley
1/4 cup bread crumbs
1/2 chopped onion, if desired
Flour for dredging
In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients and mix until well combined.
Taking a 1/4 cup (more or less) at a time, form into an oval or ball shape, dredge in flour.
In a medium pan, add 1 or 2 tablespoons of oil, on medium heat, heat until oil is hot.
Add croquettes a few at a time, turning as they brown.
Place on a plate lined with paper towels.
After you taste this recipe, the next time you make mashed potatoes you will make sure you have some left-overs! Enjoy!
- 3 cups mashed potatoes
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 chopped onion if desired
- flour for dredging
- In a medium bowl combine all ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Taking a 1/4 cup (more or less) at a time form into an oval or ball shape, dredge in flour.
- In a medium pan add 1 or 2 tablespoons of oil, on medium heat, heat until oil is hot, add croquettes a few at a time turning as they brown.
- Place on a plate lined with paper towels. Serve immediately.